Good day everyone! There are a couple of issues to tackle here.
First, as of Friday, August 13th, masks must be worn into Sin-able Sweets. The governor has reissued the mask mandate starting on Friday, and we will be following the guidelines.
Well, we are having another extreme series of days here in Oregon, we are predicted to get above 100 degrees for Wednesday through Saturday. Sunday it is supposed to get to 89, I guess we can call that a cool down?
As you might have guessed, when it is extremely hot, working in a bakery can be even hotter. To make sure we are being responsible owners and stewards, Sin-able Sweets is implementing the following for this week:
- We will only be baking items during the first 2 hours of opening. This way, we can keep down the heat in the bakery throughout the day and help to keep our electricity costs down as much as possible.
- If you are wanting to order cookies, please preorder! This will allow us to have your order ready to go when you want them! You can go online to our website, www.sin-ablesweets.com, and place a preorder there for either Friday or Saturday.
- If you call into the bakery to place an order, if it is before 11AM and there are baked items on the order, you will be able to pick up the order the same day, otherwise, it will be ready the next day. When you call, we will be asking for a time you will in to pick up items.
- If you walk into the bakery, there will be a selection of cookies to order from. We are pre-baking a few dozen of each day early, but once those run out, we will not be baking anymore until the next day.
- During the last heatwave, we averaged 6 customers in the afternoon on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. To also help with the conservation of resources, we may close early on any of these days this week. If you have placed an order for pick-up and we are closing early, we will call you to make arraignments to have your order picked up.
We want to make sure all of our customers stay cool and safe during this heatwave. If you need a place to cool off, contact 211 by either dialing it on your phone, or going to www.211info.org, and the operators there will be able to assist you.